Sunday, September 14, 2008

A stop along the way

We stopped at a pioneer village while travelling through Alabama. I didn't buy a thing even though there were some amazing antiques. It's a strange thing. Since putting our stuff in storage it is as if something has clicked deep inside me. It is this: I don't want anymore stuff!
It is so liberating and wonderful! And believe me, Bob is really happy!! :-) Either way, it was such a nice stop for us. Enjoy the visit with us....(by the way, i made the photos small but you can click on them and voila.. they get big. ahh the wonders of modern technology!!!)

I used to work in an antique shop in Vancouver many years ago and my passion/weakness was glass.. old glass. Love it!This is the way it should be: PEPSI on top!! Bob took this.. I love the composition of this!
And Bob took this too. He is getting handy with the camera! You may have gathered that Bob has a love for things 'western'. This little stagecoach caught his eye. No we didn't buy it!! :-)
I love the way ivy pushes it's way out through, and up along buildings. Reminds me of that verse "I am the vine (says Jesus) and you are the branches. Apart from me you can do nothing" He is the true life source that we daily need to tap into every day. It is fun to follow Him.. because you never know where He'll climb or go or pop out!

No comments:

Post a Comment