Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Banking/Waiting

Life in Victoria is SO BUSY prior to University starting. Bob went into the Royal Bank today to do some banking and I kid you not he was in there for about an hour and half!!! WOW! They felt so sorry for him that they kept bringing him candy etc.

This is really a university town. It was a lovely day though. I sat out in the car and enjoyed doing bunches of nothing. It was wonderful to stop.

Waiting isn't easy.. it goes against our north american grain of scheduling, appointment keeping, and keeping busy. But for me, I actually relish stopping. It gives me a chance to talk to people. I remember one Christmas I had to return some things and the line up was crazy. But what an opportunity to talk to people and spread some cheer. So we laughed, we sang a few Christmas carols and the wait went by better.

Today I visited with an elderly gentleman, read a bit, prayed, and took some photos which you will now see.

Learn to slow down. It is good for the soul. Waiting is an essential part of life and the sooner we accept it the more we are able to engage in the process instead of wishing we were OUT OF IT!!

Waiting important spiritually too... those who wait upon the Lord will renew their strength. And we do need His divine strength!!

Here are a few photos I took while waiting in the car ....

Blessings xo


That is my parking lot 'friend'.. we were parked nearby and chatted together as we waited
Some of you know that I do a different seashell photo everyday for flickr and this is mine for today. I perched it on the side mirror .... the guy in the next car was quite fascinated at that!!
Fall is coming. I have never liked Fall... being a summer girl .. Fall means winter is coming and well I don't like that much. I love the beauty of the changing leaves but that is about it. Good thing we are going to a tropical island. I keep thinking, man it is starting to get cold and then I think.. ah ha.. not for long!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment