Friday, September 12, 2008

Pictures from yesterday

Here are some pictures from yesterday long day of travel and from today as well.
Clouds, rain, far reaching even in Oklahoma.


The following photo is the projected path of Ike. If you look at the centre dot that is where we stayed last night. It is a good thing my passport came a day early and also that we drove so hard to get out it's path. God is watching out for us for sure!!
If I was to say my favorite states I would say California (the coast in particular) and New Mexico. We both loved the rugged landscape with beautiful red soiled mesas and the 'polka dot trees'





Here is one of those crazy timed exposed shots!!
I didn't write about this sign. As I walked into the washroom I looked around and thought ... why do "they" need to need a video of the general public going to the bathroom!!! :-)
Yesterday was the beginning on our bodies starting to ache. I took a picture of Bob rubbing his knee. Today is aching necks, sore elbows (from tring to keep the car from veering off the road in due to the strong winds) and sore knees. These last couple of days have been serious travel days and our bodies are starting to feel it. Am I whining?? Yes.
This is a bad photo of the signs along the road. I missed the 'road kill apparel sign.. unfortunately!'
And here is the famous Pig Out Palace

Ever since I was a child I have always struggled with spelling the word Mississippi (came easy that time) so I was really looking forward to travelling through it and seeing the mighty river. Well unfortunately, I woke up just as we were going over the bridge and this is the only shot I got.

But having been there I have to say the river is wide, but dirty and unimpressive.
I think the long day of travel yesterday made today a challenge for sure!! I started out driving and felt pretty good until I started to drive again in the afternoon and found myself so tired that I was afraid of falling asleep. Needless to say I had a meltdown, tears, frustration and wished I was anywhere but driving through states that although, they didn't have rain or wind, they had humidity and temperatures of about 108 F.

This wasn't my best day of travel. Nope. Oh well.
We drove for another hour after pizza at Pizza Hut so it has been nice to relax, have a hot bath, read and watch some TV.
Here's believing tomorrow will be a better day.
Goodnight.

3 comments:

  1. Hello there my perky little chickadee: I know those long days of constant driving can be sooo tiring, but thankfully you are safely ahead of the storm. They have upgraded it to a category 3 and are expecting dreadful results come morning. You should be in Florida sometime tomorrow, shouldn't you. Then you can rest and regroup. I hope you have a great nites sleep.
    love you
    xx B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops I didn't mean to be anonymous - it's me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of you and Bob is hilarious. When he married you he must of though "life with Debi never boring"

    ReplyDelete