Monday, August 18, 2008

Busy extraordaire!/Divine Appointments!


This past week has been a bit crazy in the busy department.Both Bob and I helped out with VBS every morning, we attended a funeral, went to two weddings, met with 3 different friends for either lunch or dinner, got various shots for our trip, had a garage sale, and tried to find time to pack.



I told Bob that this week coming up needs to be less booked up. It is a delicate fine line because we have people we want to see before we leave plus people want to say goodbye but we need time to actually get ready to leave.

I have met some amazing people this week in the midst of the madness who I believe God brought across my path. They were life changing experiences for me. You can read about
Laura
if you like. The other person who 'dropped' into my world in a powerful way was a guy named Tim. We had decided to make the rest of our garage sale stuff free so I met him there. We talked for hours. It was profound. I will write about Tim another time because it would take too long.

Here is what I am noticing though. In the midst of extreme busyness the Lord is once again directing me to have connections with people that truly matter and have a profound impact on both of us! Life is short, in fact, to quote Tim, 'this isn't a dress rehearsal, this is it! We need to learn to live life following Him, listening to Him, and being sensitive to do the things that HE wants" YES!!

1 comment:

  1. Debi, your Laura encounter was recounted beautifully! YOU are so used by the Lord to encourage anyone he places in your path- watch out Roatan :)
    I can't see the keyboard, it seems a bit blurred....

    ReplyDelete