Sunday, August 24, 2008

Farewell Sunday

Leaving is never easy. But that is a sign of love being exchanged like a gift from one to another. We have loved. Some people are like our brothers, and sisters, some like our own children. They have been like family. It is rare in this world to have that kind of connection but the blessings of pouring out our very lives for others is so rewarding.

Bob and I aren't surface, chit chatty kind of people. We tend to go deep and have a reality that is lasting. That is what makes leaving a bit easier. The love that was poured out will remain. It will.
Love has been mined in our hearts like gold and that doesn't change just because of a geographical change.

I was so proud of Bob as he shared his heart for the last time. He is so practical and real that at times it feels like we are all in the livingroom and we are having a 'family time' together. So listen up kids! :-) He spoke from Heb. 10 about not forsaking the gathering together which is the habit of some. He challenged them to CONNECT and to GATHER together. It is so tempting to live isolated lives and then complain because 'no one calls me'. Well pick up the phone! If I waited for people to call I wouldn't have anyone to miss here or to cry with as they hugged me goodbye. It is worth it to reach into each others lives and share deeply together.

The farewell potluck was wonderful. Everyone had on hawaiian shirts in lieu of Bob's passion for wearing colorful shirts Sunday after Sunday! Carolyn handed me a grass skirt which I put on then I asked Ed about it and he said, "well Deb, there are going to be pictures tonight and I am not sure you will want that skirt to be part of the memory!" Man, I love that kind of honesty!! I felt ridiculous in it.. I am all hips these days and well... it just wasn't working for me.



It was a fun night of great food, shared stories and testimonies, gifts exchanged, many hugs, goodbyes, tears and prayers.

A couple of things that really choked me up: the watercolor painting they gave us of Kal Lake (my lake), listening to people's thankful expression of our input into their lives, and saying goodbye to certain ones (you know who you are)

So ends a chapter in our lives. I will post pictures later. I am too tired to do that now.
GBC, we will not forget you. You hold a dear place inside. We believe that He is able to keep you from stumbing and to present you faultless in His presence. Thanks for your support, love, and your prayers. Stay true to Him no matter what.

oh by the way:
the amount of the garage sale change was over 92.00!! (see yesterday's post)
can you believe that. it was such a nice surprise to find that tucked away in a drawer. it is like finding unexpected money in a jacket pocket except wayyy better!! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Well, how did you find the energy to do your blog after a day like that? Lynda May-Hamm

    ReplyDelete