Monday, August 18, 2008

Storms... ha!



Storms! I love them. They make me excited. There was a terrific, dark clouds rolling in storm yesterday afternoon that produced a wack of lightning.

Do you know how hard it is to actually get a picture of lightning??! It happens fast. I missed alot. I got one shot.

Storms... some people hide under the table. No me. I go outside. I stand on the lawn. I do all the crazy things you shouldn't.. like stand under tree branches so I won't get too wet.

It is this part of my personality that will help to explain partly why I can go to a foreign country. Deep down, even though I say I am too old to make any more changes, I love the thrill of it!

I need to tap into that.
And here's another thought: the Lord designed storms.. they release pressure. Even the storms that sometimes brew in our own lives... they are designed to release some otherwise pent up pressure. I am not saying to 'let it blow'. But when the storms come, and they will, I want to be standing, yes standing in the midst of them. In the eye even. Still standing, still believing, that He is with me through it all.

Fear not.

Psalm 46

God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.

Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,

though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.
Selah

There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.

God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.

Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.

The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Selah

Come and see the works of the LORD,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.

He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth;
he breaks the bow and shatters the spear,
he burns the shields with fire.

"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Selah


(Selah notes a break in the song and as such is similar in purpose to Amen in that it stresses the importance of the preceding passage. It denotes a 'stop and listen' note)

No comments:

Post a Comment