Saturday, January 2, 2010

the break in

Some of you are aware that on Thursday, during the day, we were broken into.  I am happy to say that although they removed some of the glass panes, cut the screen and came inside that the only thing missing is some food from the cupboard and things from the fridge.  I had been out and was put on the alert when i saw that the bathroom window was open.  I never opened that window so I knew that someone had been inside our place. (we still have no idea WHY they opened that window as it needs to be open from the inside) I was with Maria, and said in spanish, "muy malo!"  very bad!!    I opened the door, speaking very loudly, to scare them away if they were still inside. I didn't see anything missing.

It wasn't until about an hour later that I saw a curtain moving and thought it was strange since I knew I hadn't left it open that I saw the damaged window.  It was rather unnerving to say the least.   We didn't want to leave that open so Bob replaced the glass and then put up 2 x 4's over the window.   He also secured the bathroom windows and  all windows on the deck.   No sense in making it easy for them if they had intentions of returning.  As far as we can tell no one has returned.  We are grateful.

I couldn't believe that they left our computers and my camera.   Something/Someone scared them.  I have an island friend who in his pre Christ days used to break into houses and he said it is common to eat first and then steal.  It is just funny what they took:  curry powder, greek spice, peanut butter, milk, and one really good 60% chocolate bar that was in the fridge!! 

Either way we are thankful beyond words.  I thank the Lord for the peace He gives as we have been able to sleep peacefully at night, and we are praying for continued His divine protection.   Since Christmas there have been many break ins on the island.  Please pray that this would stop soon, and that those who are involved in this would be awakened to His ways and stop hurting and stealing from people.

Thanks so much for standing with us.

On a lighter note I am putting a slide show I made:

http://www.picnik.com/show/id/6605615303_6fDW8/t/picnik-show




Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your break-in! Glad that there was only minimal damage. Dave once had his truck broken into and all they took was a pen and paper. I guess they really had something that they needed to write down!

    ReplyDelete