Monday, September 14, 2009

on the counter


on the counter, originally uploaded by Debi123.

I know this is a bit gross .. but it is part of life here. I have this stuff called 'combat' that kills cockroaches and it works pretty good, but I have to say the geckos do a good job too! geckos are wonderful little creatures that eat all sorts of bugs and we like them. they are allowed to co-habitat with us inside. i admit that bob has killed a few geckos and i always say, 'leave those alone they eat bugs!!!'

see? here is the evidence!!!

except it is a bit graphic to find this on my counter in the morning.
a headless cockroach!! the sugar ants (all those little bugs on the counter) were delighted with their breakfast! I must say though I couldn't stand the sight of all of them swarming around the dead cockroach so I sprayed raid and "killed them dead!"

as i am looking at this more I am thinking maybe it isn't a cockroach after all.. the legs are a bit too long and hairy but either way I am glad that the gecko won! Just need to teach him to clean up after himself and not leave 'food' on the counter.

if your place is 'bugless' then thank God!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debi,

    My name is Colleen Marzec and I'm with the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, DC. We'd like permission to use one of your mangrove photos on an educational project we're working on. We of course would provide proper attribution and a link to your site. You may contact me at marzecc@si.edu to discuss. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete