Tuesday, September 22, 2009

at peace


I am not sure how much you hear about the news of what is going on here in Honduras so I am sending you this link so you will be informed as to what we are facing.


http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125363138908430889.html





Starting last evening and through out today they had a curfew set up which meant that people were unable to go out, drive, and were told to stay inside. It is a means of keeping the riots down, and also a means of keeping innocent people safe.

We had the curfew on the island even though there isn't any rioting and strain here. It was a little unfortunate since Bob was hoping to get the roof on the souvenir shop and I had plans to go to a Ladies Prayer breakfast. Oh well, it was a quiet day of visiting with our neighbor, kayaking for Bob, gardening for me. This afternoon they lifted the curfew so that the needs of tourists could be serviced. Tomorrow the cruise ship comes in to port so it will be good that people will be able to come and spend the day on our beautiful island.


see those two little dots on the light green water? that is bob and marco kayaking. It took this from our deck.

How are Bob and I? Well I can honestly say we are at peace. We rise every morning and start the day in prayer. This political situation is just another of many things we have chosen to place in His hands. He is sovereign over all! And His plans and purposes will come to pass. It is my heart's desire though that innocent people aren't hurt in any way as the unfolding of the age takes place but even that is out of my hands.

I thank Him for His peace. Do not worry about us. Keep praying. May His will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

Lord bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment