Thursday, April 22, 2010

Back online!!!

Sorry for being absent lately but our internet ran out on our tigo stick and because of some honduran holiday then the weekend, we weren't able to get to a store to refill it.  Oh well such is island life sometimes!!

All is well in our world and I hope with you too.

I think I will affectionately rename April to Island Birthday month as we have been to 3 birthdays in the past week.  It's been fun to say the least!!  

don's birthday (emily made the cake!)
jeanette birthday lunch with the girls
pauline's birthday bash


The day of Jeanette's Birthday I also worked at the shop
Some days people just don't buy things and then other days
it is very busy.
I thank God for the busy days as it does provide income for 
the artists who have their things in there.
I know that several have really grown to depend on what sells
in the Made In Roatan shop.
One couple came in and was wondering about taking a tour
to West Bay
I called several of my local friends but they were all busy with tours
Then it dawned on me that I was going to West Bay for Jeanette's Birthday lunch
so I offered to drive them.
At first they said no and then I am glad they came to their senses.
So I drove them to Infinity Bay, told them where to snorkel,
had a great lunch and then picked them up again.
What a nice couple!!
We had a great visit together.
Later one of my island friends asked how much I made for the tour.
I laughed!  
"it wasn't a tour... I was going to West Bay so I gave them a ride!"
I didn't expect anything from them.

Kindness is love in action and I was happy to be able to help them. 

chris and his family out in their boat


We went to Infinity Bay on Sunday
and met up with Dee our friend from the states who is here for a couple of weeks.
Chris and his gang in the boat showed up too which was fun.
it was a bit rough to snorkel but we did it anyways!
a couple of times I almost smashed into some coral due to the 
current and high waves.
we saw a scorpion fish which is very rare.

these are really hard to see because they camouflage so well
bottom left corner.

 click to view large

On Monday i went out to visit Stephanie up in the Colonia.
She is the lady in the orange shirt.
She cleaned for me the day the marshall's came for a visit here
the unfortunate thing is that as she was walking home a truck
went around the corner and a door fell off,
hit her in the stomach 
and it landed on her foot.
she suffered a bad bad sprain
and a broken toe.
we are grateful to amy, 
our friend who is here for sending some money to 
get her some food as she hasn't been able to work.

she was overjoyed to see me come.
we had a wonderful time of fellowship together
and a beautiful time of prayer.

you can see maria in the photo too.
she lives with stephanie .
i am happy to say that baby david is doing very well.
he was sleeping peacefully on the bed while i was
there.
i wanted to take a photo but i was concerned that i would wake 
him up.


We are enjoying the last couple of weeks with Emily here.
Hate to see her go!!!
Yesterday we went to the Iguana Farm in French Cay.
I will upload photos later.

Well I need to go ...
Meeting with Melissa this morning for coffee and
then ladies bible study at Kris'

Have a blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment