Saturday, March 27, 2010

The way He leads

I just want to share a cool "God story" with you.  I love the way He directs and leads and works everything together.. everything!

A couple of nights ago Amy and Borden gave us a cash gift from their church to give to someone who had a great need on the island.  The next morning while laying in bed, I was praying and I asked the Lord what we should do with that money.   I felt prompted to give it to Luis, who had minor surgery on his leg and hasn't been able to work for almost a month.  He has a small family and his wife is pregnant.   I had asked the Lord to prompt me again to call him up and invite him over if it was really from Him.

The day unfolded as it does here:  coffee, soft morning skies, birds cooing, and a slight breeze.   I asked Nancy if she wanted to take a walk along the south shore of Flower's Bay.   We picked up Jeanette on the way and the three of us enjoyed chatting, taking photos and stopping to chat with people who were up early sitting on their little porches.  Flower's Bay is really a beautiful area of the island, it is dotted with colorful wooden homes on stilts that back right onto the sea, the windy road curves along the sea shore, and we are grateful because it is the only area that has a sidewalk.  A small blessing but important since most of the drivers here are quite 'loco' (crazy)


Okay I am diverting from my story.. sorry... anyways,  after stopping at the Sonrise Cafe for fresh cinnamon buns we were greeted by the others at home enthusiastically for such a 'treat'.   Amy and Borden were out on a walk to Lawson Rock so I put theirs aside .    All of a sudden I heard the door open, and naturally I assumed it was Amy coming back but it was Luis standing there!   He said he felt God told him to come to see us today.   I laughed out loud and told him that I had been praying for him last night and I had hoped to see him today.   The Lord had brought him to our door!!  Isn't that like God!   He prompted me in the early hours, He prompted Luis to come over.. He worked the whole thing out!!

Once Amy and Borden came back home,  we decided to present the money to Luis.  He was so surprised and instantly his eyes filled up with tears.   He said he has been praying and fasting for God to provide for him and his family.  Well He did!!   :-)

Isn't that so awesome?  We all joined hands in a circle and poured out our hearts in gratitude for His care over all lives.  He really KNOWS what we need.   He does.   After we finished praying I felt prompted to read Matthew 6 to him.   I have a spanish/english bible and David Marshall (who speaks awesome spanish.. thanks Dave!) read the passage in Spanish to Luis.   I stood and watched them and I could see Luis just 'soaking up' the truth.



"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
 28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."




When David finished reading Luis was so overjoyed because that was the very verse that the Lord has given him as a PROMISE!!  He was holding on to that truth that his Padre knows what he needs and would provide for him and his family.   I just kept saying  "Dios sabe"  which means:  God KNOWS!!!

I love serving Him.  It is a joy to be able to be a part of what He wants to do!  I love how He works all things together for good to those who love Him.

Together lets keep listening and seeking Him and letting Him lead.
Blessings.
xo.

here is a funny little photo to cheer your day~  couldn't resist this photo opportunity since many people know that it is not beneath me to pick up spare plants from the side of the road!  :-)


DON'T STEAL THE PLANTS!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment