Sunday, March 21, 2010

Feeling better ~~ out and about

I am happy to report that last Wednesday I took Dr. Raymond recommendation and went to see the ENT (ears, nose and throat) doctor who is volunteering on the island and he assessed that I have an inner ear issue that was causing the dizziness.  I think it is due to the chest congestive flu that I had.   He put me on prednisone and since then the dizziness has stopped.   The only drawback is that it makes me ravenously hungry and keeps me awake.  Usually I fall asleep on the couch around 8:30 but the past few nights I have been up as late as 1:30 in the morning!!   Oh well I only have about a week left to take this and am grateful to not be dizzy.   Why my blood pressure was so wonky that is a mystery so he suggested I just get it checked once a week for awhile to keep an eye on it.   He also suggested I go to the Mainland to get my ears  tested as I have substantial hearing loss in one ear  and that can also affect balance and cause further dizziness problems.



Since that night was St. Patrick's Day Emily and I went to the Oasis to celebrate with some other island friends.   It was a funny time and we managed to get there safely despite heavy rains.  Walking up the road was challenging due to slippery mud and I almost fell several times.   But we had such a fun time there!

I am really proud of Emily because although she misses her friends and the fun things they do together she is more then willing to hang out with our 'older' friends and make the most of it.  We are thoroughly enjoying having her here.   Sometimes when I walk into the room and see her my heart skips a beat.



March 19th was Father's Day in Honduras so we took Bob out for pizza at Pura Vida in West End.  Don and Jeanette joined us.  We had a wonderful time together:  laughing, taking photos, telling stories and as part of the Cowan tradition affirming the person we were celebrating.  So both Bob and Don were told the many things we love and appreciate about them.
We thank God for Don and Jeanette as they are true island friends here for us and we enjoy our times together!


That same night I was invited to the Colonia to go to a Campanga (evangelistic campaign)  It was a wonderful evening!!   There was alot of hearty singing, and many moving testimonies of what the Lord had done in people's lives.  I was very blessed to be there.   It is interesting how God works because while we were singing I had a strong sense to share my testimony so I just prayed, "well Lord if you want me to do that then could you please just put it on the heart of someone on the stage to call me up?"   After the song was over I felt someone tap me on the shoulder and point to the stage where Liliana was standing calling me up.  I went to her and she said, Debi do you want to say something...  It was so cool to give my testimony there.   Speaking to the Spanish is different then speaking in our culture.   Truthfully it is alot for fun because they are so expressive, passionate and love to proclaim His truth loudly.  It was a wonderful evening and I am glad that I went.


Good News!!   Maria, our cleaner, had her baby on Saturday, March 20th.   A son named
David Alexander.   He is sweet little fella...so peaceful and quiet.




Well this is turning into an epistle.. sorry this is so long but it`s been a while since I wrote.
We are just heading out for a lovely snorkel this afternoon.   Tomorrow we are excited to see our friends from  Canada who will be staying with us for the week.

Thanks again for your prayers for us.  We appreciate that more then you can imagine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment