Friday, November 18, 2011

touring and photographing

 

One of the things I enjoy is to be able to take people out and show off the island.
My friend Teresa had emailed me saying that her friends from Brussels were coming to Roatan on a cruise.
It was such a JOY to meet them.


We had a great time:  we stopped at the View, Punta Gorda,
took a dory ride through several bights around Oakridge,
visited some friends inFrench Harbour, 
stopped at our house in Sandy Bay, 
had lunch at Hungry Munkey, snorkeled at West Bay
and then went to the Made in Roatan shop.
It was a glorious day ... a perfect Caribbean day.

We are now officially into our 'high season' and this week there were 10 ships that came into two
different ports here in Roatan. 
That is ALOT of tourists.
This past week was busy, almost TOO BUSY!
We are happy that the online shop for Made In Roatan is up and running.
But it means alot more work for us:  for me my main job is photographing all the jewelry,
resizing, writing descriptions on line and posting them.
Bob handles the shipping and also makes all sales are recorded and that
people get paid. 
It all takes time.
We are grateful that we can serve in this way but we need BALANCE



We are going to try to order our days so we have time to help the local artists, 
but also have time to visit with people, meet people's spiritual needs
and also have some down time just to be together.

Please pray for us that we would be able to give but not to the point of exhaustion.
It is a very fine line!

I had a bit of a scare this past week with chest pains. 
I went to the Dr. and got all sorts of tests and an EKG.   
We thought it was my heart.   
There is nothing scarier then thinking you  are having a heart attack 
but I am happy to say that it wasn't my heart but it was Costochondritis

This morning I made an appointment with Claudia, a physiotherapist on the island
and she really helped me.  
I will be seeing her regularly for the next couple of weeks.


I am thankful to those of you who prayed for me.
Thank YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment