Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Hope in Him

I was out on the deck this morning at about 5:45 sitting quietly praying.  I looked out towards the horizon and saw such a dramatic heavy cloud over the sea.   It was so intense that I ran into the house to get my camera so I could take a photo of it.

I sat there looking at that heavy cloud and it made me wonder what heavy cloud is hanging around us that we may not see.   The cloud of discouragement, despair, confusion.   A heavy cloud brought on by bad news: a financial set back, a bad medical report, the discouragement of unanswered prayer, and when I looked up again the cloud was COMPLETELY GONE!!

I quickly took another photo and when I sat down and I asked the Lord if there was any message for me.  I will share what He gave me.  It was encouraging for me and I hope it will be for you too.

Psalm 42:11
Why are you in despair, O my soul,
And why have you become disturbed within me?
Hope in God, for I shall yet again praise Him,
The help of my contenance and my God.



This whole change in the environment took 17 minutes.  Life is not always what it seems.  Hang in there.  Things are about to get better.  Hope in God.   He isn't done.  He has just begun a good work in you and He will complete it.(Phil 1:8)  Nothing is too difficult for Him. (Luke 1:37)   He will keep us in perfect peace as we trust in Him.  So trust in the Lord,the Lord, our Rock.  (Isa 26:3) 

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen
for what is seen is temporary (changing in less then 17 min perhaps?)
but the unseen (our great God) is eternal.
2 Cor. 4:18
italics mine

 I am hoping in God.  I have chosen to trust Him.  Our future is vague and uncertain. We would like to return to Canada for a short sabbatical but there is a plethora of details to work out.  There are changes in the air but I will not give way to fear or try to 'make it happen'.  I am trusting in Him to lead us and to guide us.  And guess what?  He is!!

Don't look at the clouds that linger, the 'impossibilites', the uncertainites, the problems... just wait on Him. Hope in Him! And watch what He will do.

Hallelujah all is well in His world





No comments:

Post a Comment