Wednesday, January 19, 2011

would you gargle pee?

yes you read that title right!!  that is what an island lady i know told me to do for a sore throat.   bob was in the bank and so i wandered across the street when i saw ida selling food on the street.   the moment she heard my raspy voice she said, oh girl you be sick!!   i said yeah i sure am.  everyone has their ideas about what will work for a sore throat but when ida told me to gargle my own pee i almost died laughing and said, well ida i ain't THAT sick!!  then she said, " listen girl, it came from you and it won't hurt you and it works!  it really does!  but you gotta remember it gots to be your own pee and not somebody else's pee."

  at this point i am thinking NO PEE.. NEVER!


have you ever heard such a thing???   well i decided to google 'pee and sore throats' and i was actually surprised at the number of people who say it works!!

this site is rather hard core because it says not only to gargle for a sore throat but to actually drink it as it has all the nutrients your body needs!!!  what??!!

in this blog the girl was traveling and someone told her about the pee remedy .  you will have to read it to see if it worked or not.

i am giving it a couple more days before i attempt this radical solution.  in the mean time i am gargling with warm water, salt and pepper (yes try the pepper it is better then just the salt)  i am going to try to gargle with vinegar, cayenne pepper and honey before bed tonight.  i have lots of throat lozenges, drink nice teas. i have been taking mucinex to loosen the mucus on the back of my throat and ibuprofen for the pain and to help reduce any swelling in my throat and bronchial area.

taken today by jeanette.. see i look sick!  pasty hair, wrinkled clothes!
we are staying at don and jeanette's place and i am sorry to say that i gave jeanette the same cough and sore throat.  she is gracious about it.  we are hanging out together trying to get better.  today we played scrabble and i lost.  boy sick and a loser!!!  good thing i have a good self image!!!   :-)

oh and of course, i am praying like crazy!  a part of me, the crazy, zany, off the wall part of me is tempted to try gargling with pee?  but fear not,  i will let you know when i do and the results!

so would you gargle with pee?

5 comments:

  1. I must say, I have never felt that desperate to get rid of a sore throat before....hmmm That's crazy!

    ps....I love playing scrabble, as well as this other game I have called Bananagrams (similar to scrabble but slightly different) Let's play soon!

    I'll see you on sunday maybe as you take pictures, because I am doing the biking part cold turkey?! Sometimes I think I'm crazy. But after that, we should make it a point to hang out weekly I think :)

    Have a good week! Feel Better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have taken a garlic clove, chopped up into pieces each night when I was sick in the past and I swear it cuts it! Don't chew it. Do it at night and you won't experience the burping it up like you do during the day. Works great. I think I would definitely try this before I tried doing the pee! Crazy. Love hearing what people suggest though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i should clarify this isn't simply a sore throat: it is a sore throat with tons of mucus and a terrible cough that had me going so much in the light that i almost threw up! it is now going down into my chest. not fun.

    yes laura.. seeing you on a regular basis would be indeed wonderful!

    melissa yes garlic works! i have also been taking oil of oregano.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, gargling pee sounds like a throwback to the middle ages...you never know though :)
    Praying you get better soon!
    K <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling better.
    My name is Tami. My husband and I took a cruise to Roatan last year for our anniversay. We fell in love with the place. There were some children on a pier off of the little restuarant/bar we had lunched at on the West End. They were selling seashells. We were all out money, and I still regret not being able to purchase something. I started searching for ways to purchase Roatan souveniers and found your shop. Is there anyway to purchase something online, over the phone or by mail. I would love to surprise my husband for our anniversary this year. God bless you and your husband for all the support you give to the people around you.
    Thanks,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete