Saturday, November 13, 2010

a night time adventure for buddy!

i had quite the scare this morning. i got up, made my coffee, as usual, went to say hi to buddy and he wasn't in his cage!! i had accidently left it open last night. i looked and looked everywhere for him, calling his name to no avail. after about 30 min. i was in tears and sure he had died of fright somewhere. it was awful!! i thought my heart would fall deep into my chest and i cried out... Oh Lord where is he?? (i wanted to find him.. dead or alive) and it came to me mind 'in the spare room'. i had already looked in there but went in again and found him behind the door, crouching, frightened, but alive!!! poor little thing! what a fright for him. i think he must have spent most of the night there because there was quite a pile of poop when i picked him up. i am so thankful everything was okay!

when i put him back in his cage he sat on his perch for  quite awhile without moving, or chirping. he was quite traumatized for sure!   i kept talking to him and soothing him and evidently he went down and ate some food and then went to his mirror and began chatting away to himself.  bob said he is telling himself all about the harrowing experience in the night!   :-)  how is that for 'self talk?!'

as you can see from the following photos that i would have been at a terrible loss if something had happened to my little 'buddy'
i took this last evening... wheel of fortune is better with buddy


yes he enjoys a cool shower!

he is my official page turner

he drinks out of my call.. .little rascal!
buddy is so spoiled that i chew my granola in the morning and then he eats it!  


3 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I better test this out. I just tried to post a comment and lost everything - I think

    ReplyDelete
  2. testing... I wonder if I did it right this time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha.. you are so funny denise.. it is working perfectly. i see your comments. fear not!

    ReplyDelete