Friday, August 28, 2009

a few stories

Imagine you are driving on the freeway and you see a big produce truck and you remember you don't have anything for a salad at home and you say "boy i wish that truck would stop" and it did!!

well that is what happened to Bob and I the other evening. On a smaller scale of course. I saw the produce and said to Bob, Man I wish he'd stop and guess what?! He did! He was dropping off a friend so I jumped out of the car and asked if I could get some fruits and veggies.



I bought watermelon, cantaloupe, papaya, onions, broccoli, carrots, peppers and lynchee. Oh happy day!!

This afternoon I was in Plaza Mar (the grocery store) and I always kid around with the workers there (I know, surprise surprise). I was walking down the bread aisle and I saw this young guy coming towards me spraying oko (which is a serious bug killer juice) and in the other hand he had some Glade so it wouldn't stink so much. I said. OI! OI! OI!! He laughed and sniffed the air freshner happily as if that made it alright. So much for being discreet!! "Ya we have bugs in our store but not for long!!" haha

Only in Roatan.

Later on today I took a taxi to go to Zenola's in Coxen Hole for Bible Study and he dropped me off at the corner (I thought I would walk a bit) when I hear someone hollering. Hollering is pretty common here so I just kept on walking then suddenly I saw Markito (Zenola's son) on his motorcycle asking if I wanted a ride. I am a brave soul and I guess that is what made me say yes. Once I got on (without a helmut) I had second thoughts. Motorcycles are worst then the average driver, they drive faster, swerving in and out of traffic and Markito was no exception. It was only a short drive (thanks Lord!) and I am glad because I kept having visions of me being tossed off the bike and scraping my whole body off. Fortunately that didn't happen. Crazy! Everyone was pretty surprised I got on with Markito .. I guess he has a reputation for being a crazy driver. Um.. why didn't he tell me that??! :-)

Bob has been working on the souvenior shop that he and Marco are building. It is going well. I love hanging out there as it is a busy neighborhood and we are meeting lots of new people. We are trusting that we will be able to employ many local artisans there and already people are bringing us stuff. It's exciting!

Tomorrow we are having Bob's early Birthday Party. Really looking forward to it. We are having a party at the house! I will post pictures soon.

Have a good weekend.


Bob strolling through coxen hole with the new hat that John gave him.

No comments:

Post a Comment