Sunday, July 3, 2016

Who is this Man???

I try really hard to not get out of bed too early but sometimes the beauty of the sunrise just outside our bedroom window begs me to get my camera and go outside.  Today was that day.


Such beauty moves my heart to praise Him!   I stood out on the deck with the only sound of the birds waking up, the breeze was soft and fresh as I lifted my voice to the One who made it all.   Tears welled in my eyes because I still don't take it lightly to know this One so intimately that He is closer than a brother.

I went inside and opened His book. My bible.  I read this:

"He rebuked the wind and the waves and suddenly there was a great calm."

He has authority but not in a dictatorship fashion, not in a cruel controlling way but over all things as Creator God. Such knowledge brings great calm:  in creation and to the created ones.

His disciples said, "Who is this Man?  Even the wind and the waves obey Him!!"

So I wrote, who is this Man?




He is the first born from the dead,
the bright and morning Star,
the government rests on His shoulders,
children rest in His arms.
He is before all things and in Him all things hold together.
He is the great I AM.
The light of the world;
the leper cleanser,
the winemaker,
the One who doesn't throw stones, but speaks clearly:
Go and sin no more!
The advocate.
The intercessor.
The cross carrier.
The burden bearer,
The healer of all disease and sorrow.
The lover of my soul.
the Son of God,
the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world!
The One who whispers:  be still and know that I am God!
The One who rejoices over me with singing,
the cloud painter,
the true and only wise God.

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment