Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Coconuts and Iguana

So every morning I wake up around 6:00.  First thing:  Coffee!  As I fill the kettle, that is the signal for  Angie,our dog  to come  running to the door wagging her tail happily!  She is always so overjoyed to see me! Every morning, same thing!  Except this morning was a little different....





This morning, she came with a coconut in her mouth!!! When I went outside to give her morning scratches she ran off and she started to play soccer with the coconut!! I am not kidding!   What a hoot!   We played coconut soccer for quite a while!  She has soccer skills.  Seriously!  It is the funniest thing.  I will try to get a video of it someday.

Then suddenly, our neighbour, Marlin, came to the gate with an iguana in her hand.  I said, "Did one of your dogs get that?" And she told me that Angie had got it, and her son, who was coming to help on the property, saw her holding it down so he jumped the fence and grabbed it.   I don't know if you know this, but Islanders LOVE iguana!  I am not a fan of it.  No, I haven't ever tasted it but I can only imagine what it would be like to eat a green reptile.  Ewww!  Marlin told me that Bob is welcome to come over later for iguana.

 I love this island.  You never know what a morning will hold, or the day for that matter!!  Everyday I thank God for the chance to live here and serve here!





Angie, coconut soccer player and iguana hunter!









All in a day, up on the hill.  Blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment